Training and Service
Each semester the Office of Campus Activities hosts a series of workshops for student organizations.
For most student organizations, these sessions are mandatory. There are a few sessions that are required for certain organizations. Details can be found on the links on the right side of this page.
- The mandatory student organization training will occur Tuesday, August 31st, Wednesday, September 1st, and Thursday, September 2nd. These trainings will take place every hour from 3pm-7pm on the hour in Pryz 321. All student organizations must send their president and one other representative in order to stay active. You will also signup for your Fall Festival table at the completion of your training.
Additional Training Opportunities
Student Organization Management Outreach Program
The Outreach Program is designed to go in depth regarding the frequently asked questions from student organizations in regards to specific topics. A Student Organization Management team member will come to your organization's general meeting, executive board meeting, special session, etc. to present the information specifically tailored for your group. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Training topics include:
- Building Mission & Excitement - Reflect with your group on your organization's purpose and together find a way to build a strong mission with excitement.
- Event Planning - Talk through event ideas your organization may have and learn the tips and tricks to host a successful event.
- Finances & Funding - Dive into more depth about the funding request process and the finance tab on The Nest as well as brainstorm effective ways to raise money for your org.
- Recruitment & Retention - Learn creative ways to get new members interested and engaged in your organization as well as create a fun atmosphere for everyone.
- Team Unity - Learn your member's strengths, goals, and interests as well as how to collectively work as a team.
Peer Educators Empowering Respectful Students (PEERS) Workshop Offerings
PEERS is CU's only peer education group that educations students on alcohol and other drug use and abuse, mental health awareness, sexual assault and violence, and ethical decision making. To learn more about the workshop offerings and to sign your organization up please visit the PEERS Workshop web page.