The Student Organization Resource Center (SORC) is your first stop any time you have questions about student org processes, resources, or finances.
Here you will find guidelines, tips, and links to forms and resources. If you can't find something you need, contact OCA at 202-319-6003, email@example.com, or stop by Pryz 202. We're here to help!
The information provided should assist you in making contacts around campus, in meeting the demands of University fiscal and operational policies, and in performing a variety of other tasks associated with your position.Learn More
Planning events at CU can be complicated without the proper understanding of the various aspects you need to consider. In addition, depending on your event, you may need to work with a number of different CU departments, offices or vendors. The resources here will help guide you through those processes.Learn More
Student Organizations have numerous marketing resources available throughout CU including copies, color printing, banners, and even various electronic marketing methods.The sections here will help you through all of the marketing possibilities at Catholic.Learn More
Student Organization Recognition
The Student Organization Excellence Awards, also called Student Org X Awards, are determined based on a nomination process and a mixed student/staff selection committee. They are awarded at the end of every April at a ceremony hosted by the Office of Campus Activities. If you are currently involved in a student organization, it's not too early to be setting your sights on winning one of the awards below!
- Academic and Professional Student Org of the Year
- Service and Special Interest Student Org of the Year
- Arts and Media Student Org of the Year
- Club Sports Team of the Year
- Faith-Based Student Org of the Year
- Intercultural Student Org of the Year
- Organization of the Year
- Program of the Year
- Best Collaborative Program
- Most Creative Programming
- Advisor of the Year
- Cardinal Pride Award
- In the Spirit of the Mission Service Award
- Leadership, Growth, and Development Award
- Marketing Campaign of the Year
This past school year, so many organizations held amazing events and grew in ways they haven't before. Here are our 2022 - 2023 Student Org X Award winners:
- Academic and Professional Student Org of the Year: American Institute for Architecture Students (AIAS)
- Service and Special Interest Student Org of the Year: International Affairs Association
- Arts and Media Student Org of the Year: The Tower
- Club Sports Team of the Year: Catholic University Dance Team
- Faith-Based Student Org of the Year: Cardinals for Life
- Intercultural Student Org of the Year: Filipino Organization of Catholic University Students (FOCUS)
- Organization of the Year: Black Student Alliance (BSA)
- Program of the Year: Filipino Organization of Catholic University Students (FOCUS) for "Welcome Dinner"
- Best Collaborative Program: Esports, Filipino Organization of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), Black Student Alliance (BSA), Student Organization of Latinos (SOL), and Migrant Rights Coalition (MRC) for "Just Dance With Us"
- Most Creative Programming: CUAdventures
- Advisor of the Year: Dr. Nicholas Dujmovic, Catholic University Intelligence Club
- Cardinal Pride Award: The Washingtones
- In the Spirit of the Mission Service Award: Operation Smile
- Leadership, Growth, and Development Award: International Affairs Association
- Marketing Campaign of the Year: Black Student Alliance (BSA) for their Black History Month theme "Black Brilliance is Resilience"