Event Planning Resources

Planning events at CU can be complicated without the proper understanding of the various aspects you need to consider. In addition, depending on your event, you may need to work with a number of different CU departments, offices or vendors. The resources below will help guide you through those processes. For off-campus products or services you can check out the OCA SORC Vendor Database — a collection of businesses student organizations have used in the past. We'll continue adding new vendors as we interact with them!


  • Request Campus Space

    Visit http://events.cua.edu to reserve most campus rooms and outdoor areas as well as CU vans*. For more information or assistance with reserving space on campus, please contact Conference Services at 202-319-5294.

    *Only certified University drivers are permitted to drive the CU vans. In addition, student organizations must complete the appropriate trip forms before using one of the vans. For more information, visit the forms page.
  • Request Pryzbyla Center Lobby Tables

    Registered student organizations may reserve a table in the Pryz lobby by requesting a table at least 3 business days prior to the first date requested on events.cua.edu using the 25Live system.

    For more information and the complete Tabling Space Guidelines please visit http://pryzbyla.cua.edu/service-and-sales/tables.cfm.
  • Presenter Approval Process (Presentations/Speaker Policy)

    The Office of Campus Activities (OCA) is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of the Presentations Policy, as it applies to presentations proposed by registered student organizations.

    The Director of Campus Activities (or designee) will consider requests from registered student organizations to invite performers and/or speakers (individuals or groups) to campus. Requests should be submitted through the Student Organization Presenter Request Form a minimum of two weeks before your event. Since each request is considered individually, it may take up to a week before you receive a response. It is important that organizations do not invite speakers/performers to campus until the request has been approved.

    If your organization is looking for someone to present on a particular topic but you don't have anyone in mind, the Office of Alumni Relations may be able to help! Contact us at oca-sos@cua.edu for assistance with identifying possible alumni speakers.
  • Popcorn Machine Reservations

    The Office of Campus Activities (OCA) has a popcorn machine that is available for use by student organizations for free. Our office will provide the machine, popcorn, oil, and all other supplies necessary to have popcorn at your event. Your organization will be responsible for proper use and cleaning of the machine for your reservation period. OCA also reserves the right to require your organization to provide additional popcorn, bags, oil, etc. if we deem your request to be too large for our existing budget to manage. For any questions related to the use of the Popcorn Machine please contact the Student Organization Services team at oca-sos@cua.edu. To request use of the popcorn machine please complete our Popcorn Machine Request Form.
  • Program Board Equipment Request

    The student organization, Program Board, has some larger equipment that is available for all student organizations to use free of charge. If you are interested in a Fender sound system, microphones, a hand truck, or any of the equipment used to set up Movies on the Mall, please fill out this form on The Nest

    All questions can be directed to Program Board's Vice President of Administration at cua-programboard@cua.edu.
  • Cardinal Productions

    Cardinal Productions has a range of rental resources available if amplified sound or additional sound services are needed, (e.g. DJ services or speakers for a large outdoor event or concert). 

    Sound production and DJ services can be requested by contacting cua-pryzbyla@cua.edu.
  • Screening Films on Campus

    For any official student organization event involving a film screening, the student organization must purchase the rights to screen the film on campus. If you are a student organization requesting funds for a movie screening, please ask OCA for a quote of the movie you have in mind along with the size of the audience you expect before requesting money for other parts of the event from the Treasury Board.

    The Office of Campus Activities frequently works with Swank Motion Pictures or Criterion Pictures USA to procure rights to films being screened on campus. The Office of Campus Activities staff can assist student organizations with contacting our representatives. You can submit our quote request form on the Nest here.

    Films deemed morally offensive by the USCCB will not be permitted to be screened on campus. Movie ratings determined by the Catholic News Service and USCCB can be found here.