Undergraduate Student Staff Positions
The Office of Campus Activities (OCA) is a high-energy and vibrant office that strives to provide great resources, services, and events for students and student organizations.
In order to offer the students of CUA so much, we rely on the work of our dedicated student staff. We have many roles in our office, each of which supports all functional areas of our team, directly or indirectly. Below are details of the positions we have available for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Campus Activities Consultant
The Campus Activities Consultants are the backbone of the office because of their extensive breadth of knowledge regarding student activities. Students working in this role will have opportunities to:
- Assist student organizations or other visitors to OCA with questions they may have including answering how to start or join a student organization, how to use the Nest, details of upcoming events or leadership initiatives, or how to advertise through our office
- Review and approve events and flyer requests on the Nest and post flyers around campus
- Identify and implement improvements to the procedures and operations of the office in order to better support student organizations
- Work on projects assigned individually in each functional area
- Volunteer for both large and small scale events as hosted through the Office of Campus Activities.
The OCA Graphic Designer will have opportunities to:
- Design and execute visual marketing campaigns for all OCA events and initiatives
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Events & Marketing team on targeted marketing for upcoming events
Student Coordinator/Assistant Student Coordinator
Student Coordinators/Assistant Student Coordinators assist OCA with specific projects in 5 different areas Student Organization Services, Leadership@CUA, Events & Marketing, Student Organization Management, and Orientation:
Student Organization Services
The Student Coordinator/Assistant Student Coordinator for Student Organization Services will have opportunities to:
- Meet one-on-one or with groups of students to learn about their future plans and programs, provide assistance from OCA, and advise them on how to secure funding and plan their event
- Assist student organization members in learning the OCA policies and procedures for financial management of their organizations and the many components of event planning, including requesting funds from Treasury Board, submitting purchase requests on the Nest, or completing a contract for an invited speaker
- Oversee financial accounts for student organizations
- Process financial paperwork for student organizations including approving purchase requests, preparing cash boxes and purchasing cards for checkout, processing deposits from fundraisers, and reflecting financial transactions in the Nest
- Recognize student organizations through the continuation of the annual Student Organizations Excellence Awards
- Manage required documents pertaining to travel, service, and storage space
The Student Coordinator for CatholicU Leadership will have opportunities to:
- Coordinate and facilitate aspects of the Leadership functional area, to include leadership dialogues, workshops, academies/institutions, and more.
- Assist in planning OCA events such as Leadership Networking Receptions, the Cultural Leadership Retreat, the Leadership Conference, and the Cardinal Leadership Celebration.
- Promote all CatholicU Leadership initiatives
- Assist with the Choose Cardinals First grant initiative, in conjunction with PEERS and the Office of the Dean of Students.
Events and Marketing
The Student Coordinator/Assistant Student Coordinator for Events and Marketing will have opportunities to:
- Manage OCA's social media accounts
- Plan and market all DC Nite Out events
- Assist in planning major OCA events, such as Family Weekend, Thanksgiving Potluck, Light the Season, Women's History Month, and the Cardinal Leadership Celebration
Student Coordinators for Orientation are hired through a separate process from the pool of previous Orientation Advisors. This process happens early in spring semester. Please see the Orientation website for more information on the Orientation Advisor selection process.